T he present funeral home was built in the 1950's by Lawrence and Frances Parsons and was called Parsons Funeral Home.
They managed the business for thirty years until retiring and selling it to Bob Williams.
Bob Williams is a licensed embalmer and funeral director in both Oklahoma and Kansas. He purchased the funeral home in 1982 and renamed it Parsons Williams Funeral Home.
Bob expanded the business, opening a funeral home in Argonia, Kansas, and in 1985 purchased the McNeil Funeral Home in Wakita, Oklahoma. He was joined by his daughter, Autumn Kloefkorn. Due to a declining population, they closed the Argonia and Wakita locations but have continued to serve both communities through the Anthony location.
In July of 2004, Bob sold the Williams Funeral Home to Mary Thomas, a licensed funeral director, and her husband, John. Bob and Mary had worked together in earlier years. The funeral home then became Prairie Rose Funeral Homes LLC.
In July of 2005, Mary and John opened a funeral home in Harper, Kansas.Gail Pearl and Gloria Melton along with Mary, are part of the staff at the funeral home in Harper
In 2007, Vernon and Alleyne retired and sold their business, Elliott Funeral Homes, to Mary and John. Rocky Elliott, who had worked for the Elliott family, joined the staff at the Prairie Rose Funeral Homes.
They have all combined their experiences to better serve the community.